At Wayside our values are lived out through our working methods. We work together in collaboration to invite individuals into the risky and healing place of community. The Pathways Worker will work collaboratively across Wayside’s programs to invite, expose and engage participants to achieve their chosen vocational and employment goals and potential.
The Pathways Worker will focus on providing individual coaching for staff engaged in Wayside’s Supported Employment Program and further assisting staff on their chosen pathways. Additionally, the Pathways Worker will focus on developing and facilitating internal training opportunities for visitors. 15% of Wayside’s total staff are engaged in the Supported Employment Program. Supported staff members receive weekly coaching sessions, training opportunities and ongoing support, facilitated chiefly by the Pathways Worker.
The Pathways Worker role is a permanent full-time position, 38 hours per week, Monday to Friday. The role will have reach across both Wayside sites: Kings Cross and Bondi. To be considered for this new and exciting role at Wayside, you should possess the following:
1. Relevant qualifications and/or experience related to coaching, mentoring, recruitment, employment placement, Vocational Education and/or Training;
2. Demonstrated knowledge of Apprenticeships and Traineeships;
3. Strong organisation and time management skills including IT literacy and administrative efficiency;
4. Experience working with marginalised people, (including people affected by issues such as mental health, addictions or homelessness), or people experiencing barriers to accessing the mainstream employment market;
5. Highly developed communications skills and a demonstrated capacity to network and engage with people at all levels;
6. Demonstrated experience working both independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
7. Good sense of humour and ability to create a fun and supportive environment;
8. Willingness to work within the mission and values of The Wayside Chapel and adhere to relevant policies and procedures.
Applications close Monday 20 February at 9am. Application must be submitted via The Wayside Chapel’s applicant portal, details for which are contained in the Job Information Pack.
If you are interested in volunteering, please go to www.thewaysidechapel.com/individual-volunteering.php.